Barack Obama commenting on the upcoming sequestration:
Let’s look at that again. Here’s what he is saying will get cut:
- Military Readiness
- Job Creating Investments
- Emergency responder’s ability to help communities to respond to and recover from disasters.
- Border patrol agents
- FBI Agents
- Federal prosecutors
- Air Traffic Controllers
- Airport Security
- Thousands of teachers and educators
- Tens of thousands of parents who need childcare
- Hundreds of thousands of Americans who need primary care and preventive care
- Navy’s ability to deploy aircraft carriers to critical locations
This is an extraordinary laundry list. Some thoughts:
- Sequestration is NOT a cut in spending. It is a reduction in the amount we are going to INCREASE spending.
- Over a decade.
- If this is the apocalyptic vision of America when we’re looking at $85 billion, what is that saying about our general overall financial health?
- This might be minor, and he may means something else, but I don’t think the federal government pays teachers.