I came across an article some time back describing the habits of Happy People. I also think it applies to Successful People:
1. Happy people rarely… seek approval or validation from others.
2. Happy people rarely…depend on other people, places, or things for happiness.
3. Happy people rarely… play the victim. Rather, they play the victor.
4. Happy people rarely… live in the past, nor worry about the future.
5. Happy people rarely…hold onto grudges.
6. Happy people rarely… live dishonestly.
7. Happy people rarely…accept negative environments.
To My Liberal, Democrat Friends and Family:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2012, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
To My Conservative, Republican Friends and Family:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.